Anita and Me: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
This activity-packed resource will consolidate knowledge and give students thorough insight into Meera Syal’s acclaimed novel.
An incredibly well considered and useful resource that allows every ability access to the text... This is very versatile!
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading, writing and spoken language tasks
- Regular quotation analysis exercises
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks, and a focus on recalling and analysing quotations prepares students to succeed in the closed-book exams.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
Plus! A revision quiz tests understanding.
An excellent accompaniment to any scheme of work
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure and different activity styles make the pack accessible for your whole class.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7788)
An excellent accompaniment to any scheme of work. Excellent cultural/historical explanations for context establishing. Differences between the novel and film is a very helpful addition to this resource. Well differentiated and worksheets identified for different abilities accordingly. [I like] the fact the answers are there, quite clearly, for the teacher to refer to. This is too often missed out of some publications. It makes teaching so much easier to plan for... Well chosen quotations, useful for guided study. PEE practice invaluable... An incredibly well considered and useful resource that allows every ability access to the text. I really think this is very versatile!
A useful resource with a good range of activities. Tasks are designed to help the students really get to know the text and practise a wide range of skills... I particularly liked how approachable the tasks make the text and how they encourage thorough knowledge of the text.
I liked the range of activities and the stretch and challenge it provided for Higher students. The extracts from the novel were carefully chosen to match with some of the assessment objectives in the new spec... It is closely matched to the demands of the syllabus.
- 19th Century Prose and Unseen Poetry
- Anita and Me
- Exploring modern and literary heritage texts
- GCSE 9-1 AQA English Literature
- GCSE 9-1 Edexcel English Literature
- GCSE 9-1 Eduqas English Literature
- GCSE 9-1 OCR English Literature
- GCSE English Literature
- GCSE English Literature Activity Pack
- GCSE WJEC English Literature
- Meera Syal
- Modern texts and poetry
- Post-1914 British play or novel
- Post-1914 Prose/Drama
- Prose and Poetry