Time and Place: Poetry Anthology Activity Pack for GCSE Edexcel
Explore your chosen collection of poems with these student-friendly packs. Structured pre-, post- and during-reading activities for each poem cover everything you need to tackle the collection in class, for homework or as revision.
An excellent resource... works well as a teaching guide, but can also be transformed into a student workbook
Introduce the collection
- Key collection concepts build a thorough grounding of themes, poets, literary movements and more.
- Comprehensive notes on the exam structure and assessment objectives instil confidence ahead of study.
- Plus! Key term glossary equips students with essential poetry terminology for in-depth and focused analysis.
Structured poem-by-poem activities
- Stimulating, creative activities explore and deepen understanding of context, language, structure and form for effective AO support.
- Visual support sheets simplify tricky areas of analysis from sonnets to free verse – perfect for revision or displaying around the classroom.
Excellent exam prep!
- Helpful essay-writing tips and guidance so students can develop and refine exam technique.
- Original exam-style essay questions – great practice for the real thing!
Suggested answers for all activities – makes peer- or self-marking simple.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7531)
An excellent resource... works well as a teaching guide, but can also be transformed into a student workbook. It is quite thorough and varied, which ensures that exploring the anthology does not become a repetitive and monotonous task... The 'During reading' sections are very good at enabling students to work through a poem independently and then feed back to add detail. I like the way it gradually introduces more detail and more independence in analysing poems. The grids to break down analysis and analyse ideas / quotes / language features are excellent. I especially like the inclusion of a comparison grid at the back.
- ‘Absence’ by Elizabeth Jennings
- ‘Adlestrop’ by Edward Thomas
- Assessment Objectives
- ‘Composed upon Westminster Bridge September 3, 1802’ by William Wordsworth
- ‘First Flight’ by UA Fanthorpe
- GCSE 9-1 Edexcel English Literature
- GCSE English Literature
- GCSE English Literature Activity Pack
- GCSE English Poetry Anthology Activity Pack
- GCSE Poetry Anthology
- ‘Home Thoughts from Abroad’ by Robert Browning
- ‘Hurricane Hits England’ by Grace Nichols
- ‘I Started Early – Took My Dog’ by Emily Dickinson
- ‘In Romney Marsh’ by John Davidson
- ‘London’ by William Blake
- ‘Nothing’s Changed’ by Tatamkhulu Afrika
- ‘Postcard from a Travel Snob’ by Sophie Hannah
- ‘Presents from My Aunts in Pakistan’ by Moniza Alvi
- ‘Stewart Island’ by Fleur Adcock
- Time and Place
- ‘To Autumn’ by John Keats
- ‘Where the Picnic was’ by Thomas Hardy