Love and Relationships: Poetry Anthology Activity Pack for GCSE AQA
Instil a passion for poetry and enthuse your class with creative ideas. Give your students a head start on the exam with activities cross-referenced to the AOs and accessible for all abilities!Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Annotation tasks
- Close analysis tasks
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Group work and discussion tasks
- Drama and storyboarding activities
- Consolidation questions
- Research tasks
- Introductory activities get students interested and build a foundation for learning. Includes a theme links table to ensure that students are comparing and contrasting from the word ‘go’!
- Poem-by-poem activities encourage students to dig deeper. All 15 poems are explored through a range of thought-provoking pre-, during and post-reading tasks.
- Whole-anthology activities consolidate knowledge, focusing on themes, the poets’ methods and context.
- Practice essay questions prepare students to apply their knowledge in the exam.
Plus! Full indicative content for all practice essay questions and activities!
What do teachers say about this resource? (10028)
A comprehensive guide! I like the variation of tasks... I also liked the clear guidance on the research tasks... The activities encourage independence... Teachers can 'cherry-pick' activities based on a particular class' or individual's needs.. In this sense, both teachers and students can ensure that the activities they complete will optimise their learning in relation to the AOs... A valuable resource.
I was really impressed with this resource. It is so comprehensive and I like the repeated structure of pre-during and post reading tasks. I was also really impressed with the range of tasks in their which would engage students in a variety of learning tasks.
This resource is exactly what students need. It allows for students to arrive at reading the poem with some contextual knowledge and allows them to build upon that. It chunks learning down so all students can access the learning/skills needed for the exam.
Yes I would I feel that this would be an extremely useful resource for myself and my students – it could make the difference for specific students.
- Andrew Waterhouse
- AQA Poetry Anthology
- ‘Before You Were Mine’
- Carol Ann Duffy
- Cecil Day Lewis
- Charles Causley
- Charlotte Mew
- ‘Climbing My Grandfather’
- Daljit Nagra
- ‘Eden Rock’
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- GCSE 9-1 AQA English Literature
- GCSE English Literature
- GCSE English Literature Activity Pack
- GCSE English Poetry Anthology Activity Pack
- GCSE Poetry Anthology
- ‘Letters from Yorkshire’
- Lord Byron
- Love and Relationships
- ‘Love’s Philosophy’
- Maura Dooley
- ‘Mother, Any Distance’
- ‘Neutral Tones’
- Owen Sheers
- Paper 2: Modern Texts and Poetry
- Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Poems Past and Present
- Poetry Anthology
- Poetry Anthology Activity Pack
- ‘Porphyria’s Lover’
- Robert Browning
- Seamus Heaney
- Section B: Poetry
- Simon Armitage
- ‘Singh Song!’
- ‘Sonnet 29 – ‘I think of thee!’
- ‘The Farmer’s Bride’
- Thomas Hardy
- ‘Walking Away’
- ‘When We Two Parted’
- ‘Winter Swans’