Othello A Level Edexcel Exam Preparation Pack
Ensure your students stay faithful to the affairs of the A Level Edexcel Component 1 exam with this thorough and supportive pack. Apply understanding and refine exam technique with key revision activities, detailed exam advice, essay-building activities, exam-style questions and model answers.
Would you purchase this resource? 100% yes
- Student-friendly revision notes and activities on key elements of Othello including:
- Act-by-act and character revision tables, and quick activities to recap knowledge of themes, setting, language, form, structure, genre, context, performance history and the Edexcel critical anthology
The variety of different activities ensures that students are engaged, enjoy the learning and cover all the necessary aspects to prepare them for examinations. There is clear explanation of the topics and how they need to be tackled with examples for students to follow
- ‘Exam Skills’ section containing:
- Sample essay plans with activities to provide a supportive framework for any exam-style question
- Tasks on writing introductions to ensure students make a great first impression
- Guidance on writing clearly and accurately for clarity
- Concise advice on crafting conclusions
- 12 exam-style questions with indicative content, 4 original sample essays with detailed AO commentary and reflective student activities – familiarise students with examiner thinking and demonstrate how to improve grades
- Student-friendly mark schemes – perfect for easy marking and self-assessment
- Plus! Indicative content for all exam-style questions
Ready to embed into your revision programme in class or as homework.
What do teachers say about this resource? (8471)
This is probably the most comprehensive guide that I have reviewed. There is a very high standard of context connected with both receptions and attitudes. I also found the explanatory notes on the separate Acts and Scenes detailed and very student friendly.
I really appreciated the direct links to AOs throughout as sometimes students struggle to realise where they have to place analysis. I also enjoyed the example sample questions which will work as a useful revision resource.
I would definitely give this to my students to support their reading. It is thorough and linked excellently to all AOs within the spec.
8. Would you purchase this resource?
The resource is of a very high standard and includes detailed activities which would be incredibly helpful to students. The variety of different activities ensures that students are engaged, enjoy the learning and cover all the necessary aspects to prepare them for examinations.
There is clear explanation of the topics and how they need to be tackled with examples for students to follow.
The critical analysis section is very helpful as it offers simple, yet effective activities for students to engage with key critical essays.
A thorough and detailed resource that has been carefully considered. A must have for any KS5 teacher of this text.
Comprehensive revision guide for A Level students... Easy to navigate, clear sections. Lots of exam focus.