The Kite Runner: 'Writing About Society' Guide for AS/A Level AQA
A Level Paper 2: Exploring Conflict, Section A
Prepare your class for the challenging re-creative writing exam with these targeted guides. Each covers a whole set text in depth, analysing literary and linguistic techniques and exploring the text from new angles – with re-creative writing advice and practice throughout.
A really supportive resource that knows the spec well and provides broken-down approaches to the questions
- Preparatory material introduces the context and plot of the text for essential background
- Introduction to re-creative writing with top tips, practice exercises and sample answers with commentary
- Progressive chapter-by-chapter study:
- Detailed and accessible analysis of key features of the chapter
- Varied activities, including consolidation questions, discussion questions and active learning tasks, to strengthen knowledge of the base text – answers included
- Exploration of underplayed perspectives to provide potential re-casting opportunities
- Practice re-creative writing tasks for perfect exam preparation – suggestions given
What do teachers say about this resource? (8469)
This is a really supportive resource that knows the spec well and provides broken-down approaches to the questions – particularly the commentary element. It is also strong on the language as well as the literature terms, which can be difficult to obtain... The focus is very much on the AQA exam, and there is impressive and consistent focus on the exam questions... This resource would certainly help A Level students, particularly because the approach is often broken down to make it more accessible.