The Kite Runner: Activity Pack for AS/A Level for AQA B
- AQA B AS & A Level
A sweeping story of family and friendship heightened by rising military tensions in Afghanistan, The Kite Runner has blown away readers since its publication in 2003.
A fantastic resource that no teacher should be without!
- discussion questions
- critical thinking
- close reading
- further research
- exam-style questions
- essay planning
Progressive structure to support all students!
- Early-chapter tasks provide practical support while later chapters prompt students to consider emerging patterns
- Chapter study grid for independent working
Keep your students’ feet on the ground with thought-provoking activities tailored to the key elements of the AQA B Social and Political Protest Writing genre. Full coverage of the text plus integrated essay practice for you to mix and match to suit your class.Prepare
- Pre-reading exercises provide a backdrop for study, including the history, culture and traditions of Afghanistan – perfect for AO3!
- Carefully structured and engaging chapter-by-chapter tasks guide students through the text, building understanding and analytical skills
- Activities fully explore the AQA B defined elements of the genre including: • Language • Settings • Audience • Gender Politics • Political Tensions • Corruption and more!
- Four original sample essays with detailed AO commentary – familiarises students with examiner thinking
- Unique exam-style questions not available from AQA
- ‘Bringing it all together’ exam tips!
Plus! Indicative content for all activities – great for peer-/self-assessment!
What do teachers say about this resource? (8379)
An excellent resource which fits perfectly with the new focus on social and political protest... I particularly liked the way the chapters focused on sections relevant to social and political protest and there was lots of helpful indicative content especially for AO2 techniques in the answers section. I also particularly liked the chapter grid which encourages independent learning... The supplementary essay questions were an invaluable resource given the lack of exam board SAM... The sample answer and teacher commentary was extremely useful... A fantastic resource that no teacher should be without!