Exam Practice for AS & A Level Edexcel French
Original texts or recordings followed by AS or A Level exam-style questions and answers covering all AS/A Level Year 1 or A Level Year 2 topics. Comprehensive, skills-focused packs written specifically for the 2016 Edexcel specification.
Excellent practice for our students
- Covers a wide range of text sources used by Edexcel – so students will be very fully familiar with exam format
- Multiple opportunities to practise each task type in different contexts continuously develop students’ exam skills
- Engaging texts on topical issues in Target Language countries – make sure students are up to date for exams
- Clear and detailed marking criteria – perfect for peer-assessment
- Text types include: articles, advertisements, literary texts, testimonials, interviews, blog posts and reports
- 36 activities covering a range of verbal and non-verbal response tasks mirroring the SAMs
- Includes summary tasks with exam-style mark schemes
- Includes: factual and informative texts, interviews, reports, dialogues and testimonials
- Recordings by native speakers
- Transcripts for all recordings provided
- Practices both non-verbal and verbal response questions, including listening summaries
What do teachers say about this resource? (6936)
Provided invaluable extra practice. My sixth-formers really appreciated this resource. Helped calm their nerves and helped them achieve excellent grades.
Excellent practice for our students. The format matches that of the exam. It saves a lot of time in preparing exam practice.
What do teachers say about this resource? (6877)
It provided our students with invaluable exam practice. Our Year 12s very much appreciated this resource and achieved very well in their exams as a result.
Excellent practice for our students. Matches Edexcel specification well... It has saved me time in producing an end-of-year exam.
I liked the resource very much; especially in the absence of past papers as the specification is fairly new, I think this will be really useful for preparing students for the exam. [It] comprehensively covers all topic areas for Edexcel AS French and will serve as an ideal independent resource for students leading towards final preparation for the exam units.
This resource offers a variety of reading practice, with both different styles of reading texts, and different types of exercises. It offers an extension to texts in text books, and introduces some difficult vocabulary, as well an insight into what to include in comprehension answers.
What do teachers say about this resource? (8390)
A comprehensive selection of exercises on the different topics [to practise] listening skills. All topics in the Edexcel spec have been covered through varied angles. Content and vocab are varied, stretching all students. A mix of speeches and conversations means students will be exposed to varied sources as well. I really like that it is divided into topics and it has lots of varied questions that can be set for homework and then reviewed in class. Other activities can be created thanks to the transcript being provided.
The resource is very well-thought-out. As a teacher, I appreciate the possibility of using a resource that already has the listening extracts and questions attached to it. On an everyday basis, as much as I would want to be able to, I do not have the time to go on a quest to find the recordings and write the questions. The presentation and layout is clear. I very much liked how comprehensive the mark scheme is (use of AND and OR).
What do teachers say about this resource? (8226)
I am impressed and feel this resource would make a great homework activity book. There is a wide range of topics included in the resource with authentic examination question types. The layout is clear and accessible to all.
This is an excellent resource to encourage A-Level students to read and analyse authentic resources; the nice length of worksheets is ideal both to plan lesson and set homework up. The texts are clear and use vocabulary important for the covered topics.
I particularly love that the questions are matching the Edexcel examination ones; this is a nice way for students to practice and be very valuable resource for homework and individual practice work for example.
The cross-topic layout (work with immigration, marriage with immigration, etc…) is extremely valuable to recall knowledge on a regular basis. The questions match exactly the examination paper; the topics are well covered and the authentic texts enhance students’ personal French culture.
[Would you purchase this resource?]
- A Level Edexcel Exam Practice
- A Level Edexcel French (9FR0)
- A Level Edexcel French Exam Practice
- A Level Edexcel French Listening
- A Level Edexcel French Listening Exam Practice
- A Level Edexcel Listening Exam Practice
- A Level French
- A Level Edexcel French Reading
- A Level Edexcel French Reading Exam Practice
- A Level Edexcel Reading Exam Practice