The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
A respectable and mild-mannered doctor develops a liquid to help him better understand the human psyche. Instead, he unleashes a power from within himself that is too monstrous to be contained… Investigate the novel’s compelling themes of good, evil and the duality of human nature, and discover Victorian attitudes towards science and progress with this collection of inventive and imaginative activities.
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking and diverse tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Setting • Themes • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.