Power and Conflict: Poetry Anthology Activity Pack for GCSE AQA
for GCSE English Literature
Conquer the challenge poetry presents and enthuse your class with creative ideas. Give your students a head start on the exam with a structure which focuses on comparison – and cross-references all activities to the AOs.
Getting into the Poems
Students make links between poems, learning to see through the lens of technique, theme, tone, setting and character.
A practical solution to comparing poetry which is on the surface starkly different, and an invaluable analysis skill for Sections B and C!
- Structured to spur comparison, the poems are grouped into seven thematic areas
- Focused on key concepts such as symbolism, setting and context
Suitable for all skill levels –
differentiated poem-by-poem questions and extension
activities stretch and support the entire class
- Collapsed texts deconstruct poems for easier analysis
- The basics summarise essential content
- Recon offers a fly-over analysis
- Poem-by-poem questions consolidate learning
- Get creative! Explores POV, flashbacks, metaphor, and more
- Technique focus models complex topics with linked tasks
- Exam tips explain essay essentials
After Studying the Poems
Practise and put everything into perspective with exemplar questions, a question generator, and example essay with examiner’s comments and AO annotations.
Plus! Full indicative content and exam information provided.