The Woman in Black GCSE Study Guide
Uncover the mysteries of the menacing spirit haunting the small English town of Crythin Gifford. The locals may not want to talk about her but your students certainly will! Bring the novella to life with targeted, detailed analysis that guides students through the unforgettable, spine-tingling events at Eel Marsh House.
- Walk-through – Builds understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation ✪ Relationships ✪ Setting ✪ Themes ✪ Ideas and Messages ✪ Language ✪ Form ✪ Structure ✪ Context
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.