The Merchant of Venice: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
There’s so much to explore in the plot, themes, characters and language of The Merchant of Venice, and this jam-packed resource provides a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities to help all learners engage with Shakespeare’s provocative play.
An excellent and comprehensive resource... which I would certainly use with pupils... [It is] clear and easy to follow... [and] has an impressive variety of activities
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language and SPaG practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every scene is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class. An ideal complement to the Study Guide for this text.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7175)
An excellent and comprehensive resource... which I would certainly use with pupils... I like the way it leads you through each scene, the variety of activities and clarity of presentation... [It is] clear and easy to follow... It has an impressive variety of activities [and] the extension questions are very good.'
Clear focus on understanding the text, context, language and examination requirements. Deals with individual aspects of skills well, such as structuring paragraphs and incorporating contextual influences.