The Merchant of Venice: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
There’s so much to explore in the plot, themes, characters and language of The Merchant of Venice, and this jam-packed resource provides a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities to help all learners engage with Shakespeare’s provocative play.
Covers all main points but also highlights the subtleties of the text and gives some interesting insights and areas for further thought/reflection/research. Questions posed in each section are very pertinent and useful. S Jones, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer (feedback from legacy edition)
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language and SPaG practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every scene is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class. An ideal complement to the Study Guide for this text.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.