Love through the Ages Pre- and Post-1900 Poetry: Mind Maps and Activities for AS/A Level
Enhances learning by giving students a really clear visual guide to the most important aspects of the different poems... Activities focus students’ understanding on the different AOs to help them tackle the exam. C Webb, Head of Department and Independent Reviewer (Post-1900)
Perfect for Revision!
Target all abilities and learner types with these inspiring and highly visual A3 mind maps for AS and A Level AQA A English Literature. Perfect for consolidation, revision, and encouraging independent learning.
- Poem-by-poem mind maps provide focused analysis, essential context, and valuable critical perspectives – break down all AOs for accessible and painless revision.
- Whole-collection mind maps connect elements of literary analysis for full understanding across all poems – essential for the A Level Section C comparison question.
- Diverse activities including research, discussion and comparative tasks ensure engagement and develop personal and evidenced responses – vital for exam success.
- Answers included!
Plus! Detailed exam advice for AS and A Level – sample essay extracts clearly demonstrate how to achieve top marks.
A very comprehensive exploration of the poems … The inclusion of suggested answers is useful both to facilitate independent study and to support teachers. R Shakeshaft, Head of English and Independent Reviewer (Post-1900)
- AQA A
- AS and A Level
- English Literature
- Love Through the Ages
- ‘Ae Fond Kiss’ by Robert Burns
- ‘She Walks In Beauty’ by Lord byron
- ‘Remember’ by Christina Rossetti
- ‘The Ruined Maid’ by Thomas Hardy
- ‘At an Inn’ by Thomas Hardy
- ‘La Belle Dame Sans Merci’ by John Keats
- ‘Non Sum Qualis Eram Bonae Sub Regno Cynarae’ by Ernest Dowson
- ‘The Garden Of Love’ by William Blake
- ‘Absent From Thee’ by John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester
- ‘The Scrutiny’ by Richard Lovelace
- ‘The Flea’ by John Donne
- ‘To His Coy Mistress’ by Andrew Marvell
- ‘Sonnet 116’ by William Shakespeare
- ‘Whoso List to Hunt’ By Thomas Wyatt