Unseen Non-Fiction Preparation Packs for GCSE Edexcel
Boost students’ confidence in analysing unseen non-fiction texts with these rich and comprehensive banks of ❶ extracts with ❷ student activities and ❸ exam-style questions.
An excellent resource which has been very well geared towards Edexcel
Full preparation for the reading sections of the Edexcel GCSE English Language specification:❶ Carefully considered extracts
- Includes 8 debate-provoking extracts – or pairs of extracts for comparative packs
- Wide range of intriguing themes – mirrors the unpredictability of the Reading exams and prepares students for tricky texts
Matches the new spec perfectly
- Clearly structured pre-reading, comprehension and analysis activities for each extract
- Develop key analytical skills needed for exam success
- Answers to all activities – ideal for quick marking!
1. Scaffolded activities allow lower-ability students a straightforward way into the text
2. ‘Taking it Further’ extension sheets challenge high achievers!
❸ Exam-style questions for every question type
- Apply learning and improve exam technique
- Plus! Full student-friendly mark schemes – perfect for self-assessment and identifying areas for improvement
Embed in lesson plans or hand out for individual study!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7150)
Full of wonderful texts and sample responses... It matches the specification brilliantly... Pupils can self- and peer assess and also have the opportunity to view sample responses.
An excellent resource which has been very well geared towards Edexcel. [It builds up] students gently, guiding their thinking in order to answer the longer questions... students are clear as to why they are practising the different skills and how [the skills relate] to each question... I particularly liked ... the superb range of articles used, the level of challenge for students, the use of 'PEE' as a writing tool, the emphasis on structure and the way each question explicitly states which ‘AO’ it is tackling... I would certainly promote this resource in its ability to ‘stretch and challenge
This is a much-needed resource which fills a clear gap in resources available for the new GCSE specification... It saves hours of planning as the texts are well matched and suited to the question type... This resource could be used independently as revision material, but it could also be used as an integral part of lesson planning... I would not change this resource at all. This is exactly what I have been looking for.
A very comprehensive and well-put-together set of activities designed to prepare students thoroughly for attempting Edexcel English GCSE Language Paper 2... The resource really matches the specification very well... I particularly liked the way evaluation and critical judgement were prepared for through the planning grids / Venn diagrams... I also really liked the way the comparison questions were planned for.