The Woman in Black: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
The Woman in Black – a stereotypical horror fiction novel, a Gothic novel or a ghost story? Help GCSE students to explore and analyse Susan Hill’s debate-provoking narrative with a rich bank of creative activities written specifically for the 2015 specifications.
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.