Unseen Fiction / Non-Fiction Preparation Packs
Family: Unseen Fiction Preparation Pack for GCSE OCR is endorsed for the 2015 GCSE OCR English Language specification.
for OCR GCSE Language
Boost students’ confidence in analysing unseen fiction and non-fiction texts with these rich and comprehensive banks of ❶ extracts with ❷ student activities and ❸ practice questions.
Full preparation for the reading sections of the OCR GCSE English Language specification:❶ Carefully considered extracts
- Includes 8 debate-provoking extracts – or pairs of extracts for comparative packs
- Wide range of intriguing themes from secret societies to beauty blogging – mirrors the unpredictability of the Reading exams and prepares students for tricky texts
- Clearly structured pre-reading, comprehension and analysis activities for each extract
- Develop key analytical skills needed for exam success
- Answers to all activities – ideal for quick marking!
1. Scaffolded activities allow lower-ability students a straightforward way into the text
2. ‘Taking it Further’ extension sheets challenge high achievers!
❸ Exam-style questions for every question type
- Apply learning and improve exam technique
- Plus! Full student-friendly mark schemes – perfect for self-assessment and identifying areas for improvement
Embed in lesson plans or hand out for individual study!
What do teachers say about this resource? (6758)
Fantastic! It has allowed me to put together simple but incredibly effective, GCSE revision lessons with good feedback from the students.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7059)
This resource is fantastic! It has allowed me to put together simple but incredibly effective, GCSE revision lessons with good feedback from the students. it is particularly useful because it requires no preparation on my part – I teach very small groups of students who need focused support, and the resources in the pack are ideal because they take things step by step, without being too simple, and effectively get the point across.