Lord of the Flies: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
Lord of the Flies deserves its place as one of the most popular texts in English Literature. Your class will enjoy Golding’s adventurous plot and observant characterisation, and the story serves as an excellent basis for exploration of symbolism, linguistic connotations and study of human nature – all covered in depth in this fantastic resource. This engaging companion provides a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities, covering all aspects of the novel.
A great, and active, way for pupils to discover the text... A thorough and detailed resource. S Owen, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.