Macbeth: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
There is plenty for your students to enjoy in Shakespeare’s Scottish play – delve into themes such as ambition, aggression and the supernatural.
This comprehensive resource ensures students have a detailed knowledge of every scene to prepare them for any exam question that comes their way.
Clear and well structured... Gives a thorough understanding of all aspects of the play
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All scenes are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Extended essay questions for excellent exam practice
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.
What do teachers say about this resource? (6439)
I liked the resource from a student's point of view. It was clear and well structured... It gives a thorough understanding of all aspects of the play... Excellent for students.
Thank you for such a detailed resource – I could imagine making very good use of it! The scene-by-scene analysis is very effective, particularly for the more-able pupils... The analysis acts as a form of modelling as well, showing pupils how to embed and utilise quotations effectively. The debate points and active learning tasks direct the pupils’ thinking to ensure a full and rich understanding of the text. The glossary of key terms at the end is excellent support for less-able pupils.