Frankenstein: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
Atmospheric, contemplative and gripping, this small but perfectly formed novel is ideally suited to GCSE study. With a diverse array of activities, this pack will ensure your students fully engage with the complex issues raised by Shelley’s well-crafted prose. This engaging companion provides a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities, covering all aspects of the novel.
An outstanding workbook ... It has left no stone unturned. These [activities] are very helpful and will develop analytical skills from the word go. The pupil worksheets are creative and add to the realism of the story, bringing it alive for learners of all abilities. S Horman, English Teacher, Examiner and Independent Reviewer
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Spoken language and SPaG practice
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.