Silas Marner: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
Bring George Eliot's classic novel to life with this diverse and engaging resource covering all aspects of the novel. Includes brilliant visual and kinaesthetic activities to address exam requirements in a dynamic way.
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class. Detailed teacher's notes for every section complement the student worksheets with differentiation and homework ideas for all. Plus! Answers to tasks included for easy marking.
Would encourage even the most reluctant student to engage with the text. M Lloyd, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and creative writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media