Volpone Comprehensive Guide for A Level
Every scene has been summarised and analysed in depth with interesting questions to encourage further discussion and independent thinking at A Level. Also includes creative activities to spark new individual interpretations and more detailed notes to enhance understanding of:
- Historical, social and cultural context and how to read renaissance plays
- The play in performance and its critical reception through time
- Characters, themes, language, structure and form
Importantly features examination preparation:
Comprehensive... clearly signposted and very useful to walk students through the text and provide them with extra support
- OCR (first examination in June 2013) – quick guide to the exam and sample comparison study with practice comparison question
- Stimulating essay questions for students to practice their writing skills
Key quotations throughout!
Better than other resources because it focuses on exactly what an exam will ask of them, with effective scene by scene analysis
What do teachers say about this resource? (4806)
Excellent, simple to use, with detailed analysis. It is better than other resources because it focuses on exactly what an exam will ask of them, with effective scene by scene analysis. It works especially well with the OCR spec.
A comprehensive resource. Clearly signposted and very useful to walk students through the text and provide them with extra support, if needed. The accessibility of the tone and clear exemplification of ideas covered worked well. The comments about context and critical reception were balanced and there was a clear sense of structure and a focus on looking closely at the text, scene by scene.