Great Expectations: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
Keep your whole class absorbed in this dense but rewarding text with a variety of stimulating, ready-to-use activities, covering all aspects of the novel. Perfectly focused on the new specification requirements throughout!
The educational value is very good... It covers all bases. E Amisu, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating creative writing tasks
- Spoken language and SPaG practice
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
- Web quests
- Quizzes and match-ups
- Mind maps
- ‘Havopoly’ board game
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class – differentiation is built in.
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.