Hobson's Choice: Activity Pack for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
A thought-provoking play with many literary influences, Hobson’s Choice raises important questions of class, choice and self-improvement. This activity pack tackles all the relevant skills needed for Edexcel Literature through a variety of structured and considered tasks, with emphasis on important contextual factors as well as quotation recall and analysis.
All the thinking/planning has been done – now you simply use the material as it best suits your class. S Owen, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Insightful questions
- Stimulating reading and writing tasks
- Pair and group work
- Creative activities for visual and kinaesthetic learners
- Appealing tasks based on modern media
Carefully considered structure develops understanding:
- Build a foundation for learning and get students interested with introductory pre-reading exercises.
- Dig deeper with text-based activities. Every chapter is explored through a range of thought-provoking tasks.
- Consolidate knowledge with whole-text activities focusing on: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
All activities are perfectly matched to the GCSE Assessment Objectives, and the fantastic structure makes the pack accessible for your whole class (differentiation is built in).
Plus! Suggested answers for questions and activities included.