Doctor Faustus: Context, Themes and Questions
Set text for:
- Edexcel AS and A Level
- Eduqas AS and A Level
Advanced Learner Pack for AS / A Level
Students who demonstrate an awareness of how Marlowe’s major themes of religion, knowledge, scientific investigation and morality echo down the ages are beginning to answer what is implicitly asked by every exam question on the play: why are we still studying Doctor Faustus today, and how can our study of it help to form a more empathetic and critically aware society?
Stretch your strongest students with enlightening notes and activities that expose the complexities of this pertinent play.
Look out for!
- Further reading and ‘Did you know?’ boxes to push students even further!
Comprehensive notes, questions and exam-preparation material investigating the influential contexts and themes of Doctor Faustus for a fuller, more sophisticated understanding. Pitched to the 2015 AS and A Level specifications, these packs inspire your strongest students to go the extra mile in their journey towards exam success.Pushing high achievers…
- Informative notes encourage students to think independently about the core aspects of the play, including characters, form, genre and themes
- Packed with questions to promote intelligent discussion – the perfect springboard for higher-level analysis
- Suggestions for wider reading empower students to foster an individual critical stance towards the play
To reach those top marks!
- Exam-style questions provide extensive practice for creative, unique responses
- Higher-level sample answers with examiner commentary help students recognise what makes a good answer
- Revision and exam tips help students focus answers to gain top marks
- A carefully constructed historical timeline
- Sample answers and commentary for every exam board – great for focused, targeted revision!
- Indicative content for all questions