Christina Rossetti Selected Poems: Activity Pack for AS and A Level OCR
Create an engaging study experience for students as they immerse themselves in the poetry by the mysterious and enigmatic Victorian writer Christina Rossetti. With a plethora of activities for each poem, subdivided into the areas of genre, theme, attitudes and values, language, structure, form, context and critical reception, this invaluable and exhaustive activity pack will enable you to mix and match to suit your class.
Really thorough and a great resource to support learners in their discussion of the anthology of poems...
...There was a range of different activities that would support pupils, particularly weaker learners
- Prepare Pre-reading exercises provide a starting point for study
- Explore Appealing poem-by-poem tasks guide students through the collection, allowing them to gain understanding and analytical skills while remaining engaged
- Reflect Whole-text activities show the bigger picture, exploring key areas of: Characterisation • Relationships • Genre • Themes • Attitudes and Values • Writer’s use of language • Form • Structure • Context • Critical Reception
Also available with full recordings of the poems!
What do teachers say about this resource? (9202)
Really thorough and a great resource to support learners in their discussion of the anthology of poems... I loved the depth of detail and the clear analysis. The way in which AS and A Level criteria were highlighted and focused on was also useful... There was a range of different activities that would support pupils, particularly weaker learners... I like the fact that the range of activities can be used both for pupils in class and also for pupils to study or revise poems outside of class... The sample essays and tasks clearly guide the learners towards exam preparation.
- ‘A Birthday’
- A Level Activity Pack
- A level English Literature
- A Level English Literature Activity Pack
- A Level OCR English Literature (H472)
- Christina Rossetti
- Drama and poetry pre-1900
- ‘From the Antique (‘It’s a weary life, it is, she said’)’
- ‘Goblin Market’
- ‘Good Friday (Am I a stone and not a sheep?)’
- ‘In the Round Tower at Jhansi (Indian Mutiny)’
- ‘Maude Clare’
- ‘No, Thank You, John’
- ‘Shut Out’
- ‘Soeur Louise de la Miséricorde’
- ‘Song: When I am Dead, My Dearest’
- ‘Winter: My Secret’