GCSE Edexcel Wider Listening and Unfamiliar Music: Vocal Music
Excellent, creative and engaging activities are included to embed learning of the period and teach musical theory at the same time. The activities are suitable for all abilities. Excellent musical examples and listening examples are given throughout. S James, Music Teacher & Independent Reviewer
Prepare students for the unfamiliar listening section of the exam with these comprehensive guides. Each provides contextual information, breakdown of musical elements, activities and exam practice for each area of study! Detailed commentary is accompanied by annotated score excerpts and definitions of key concepts, deepening knowledge and understanding.Learning
- Contextual information on musical style and key composers provides a foundation for study.
- Covers all of Edexcel’s suggested wider listening plus even more pieces from the period.
- Thorough notes on Edexcel’s musical elements ensure all key areas are covered.
- Interspersed technical terms and a full glossary reinforce the key terminology.
The excellent exam practice section shows a clear knowledge of the specification
- Information and tips show students how to succeed.
- Concise revision summaries and engaging activities check and apply knowledge.
- Exam-style questions with mark schemes and indicative content ensure your students are fully prepared for the exam.
|Vocal Music||Expand your students’ vocal range with an abundance of notes and activities to help students demonstrate knowledge of the major styles of vocal music in a wider, unfamiliar context. Includes Western art music from the Baroque era, Classical era and Romantic era, as well as a range of popular music styles from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.|
What do teachers say about this resource? (9173)
Excellent... An extremely useful source of information for the wider listening of vocal music... The writing is very accurate... The excellent exam practice section shows a clear knowledge of the specification.