Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde Gifted and Talented Pack for GCSE (9-1)
A challenging activity pack which stretches your gifted and more able students during their exploration of The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde at GCSE. Activities demonstrate how to achieve the highest grades possible using aspects of Bloom’s Taxonomy and give students control over their own learning. Perfect for complementing classroom activities or to be used as hand-outs/homework.
Covers the key areas of the novel: important events, characters, relationships, context, language, structure, form, themes, setting, ideas and interpretations. Within each key area, engaging and thought-provoking activities aim to:
- prompt the recall of important points
- aid comprehension and reinforce clear, advanced understanding
- enable students to apply their knowledge of the novel to a new situation or an unseen extract
- support implicit and explicit analyses
- encourage individual interpretations and stimulate new, creative and individual ideas
Going further! Help students practise their essay-writing skills by using an annotated response to demonstrate the best way of achieving top marks.