Getting to Know... Thérèse Desqueyroux
- Edexcel: A Level
- CCEA: A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of François Mauriac’s most famous novel. Students will get to know Thérèse Desqueyroux inside out and be fully prepared for their writing exam.
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the logical structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent research:
- Before: Covers the author and his works, the true story behind the book and the social, historical, political and cultural contexts of 1920s France.
- During: The comprehensive chapter-by-chapter walk-through ensures thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the narrative through vocabulary, comprehension, translation, discussion, and writing activities.
- After: Exam-style questions split by board and essay-writing guidance help students to apply what they have learnt. An example essay with marking activity prompts discussion of successful essay technique.
- Plus! A closer look at aspects including characters, themes and literary techniques.
- A Level CCEA French (A5654)
- A Level CCEA French Getting to Know
- A Level CCEA French Set Text
- A Level CCEA French Writing
- A Level CCEA Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French (9FR0)
- A Level Edexcel French Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French Set Text
- A Level Edexcel French Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level French
- A Level French Getting to Know
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- François Mauriac
- Thérèse Desqueyroux