Othello: Context, Themes and Questions
Set text for:
- AQA A AS and A Level
- AQA B AS and A Level
- Edexcel A Level
Advanced Learner Pack for AS / A Level
Othello is a deeply rewarding play on a critical level, especially when considering its powerful themes of femininity, race, gender and jealousy. But for your advanced students, its meanings are both broadened and deepened by reading it as a product of the socio-historical moment in which it was written. Uncover the secret of Othello’s endurance and continuing relevance with this challenging pack.
Comprehensive notes, questions/ and exam-preparation material investigating the influential contexts and themes of Othello for a fuller, more sophisticated understanding. Pitched to the 2015 AS and A Level specifications, these packs inspire your strongest students to go the extra mile in their journey towards exam success.Pushing high achievers…
- Informative notes encourage students to think independently about the core aspects of the play, including characters, form, genre and themes
- Packed with questions to promote intelligent discussion – the perfect springboard for higher-level analysis
- Suggestions for wider reading empower students to foster an individual critical stance towards the play
To reach those top marks!
- Exam-style questions provide extensive practice for creative, unique responses
- Higher-level sample answers with examiner commentary help students recognise what makes a good answer
- Revision and exam tips help students focus answers to gain top marks
- A carefully constructed historical timeline
- Key term boxes will prompt students to use sophisticated language to express their sophisticated ideas!
- Indicative content for all questions