Hamlet: Context, Themes and Questions
Set text for:
- OCR AS and A Level
- AQA B A Level
- Edexcel A Level
- Eduqas A Level
- WJEC A Level
Advanced Learner Pack for AS / A Level
With sublime poetry, an emotional and rebellious central character, and the philosophical questioning of one’s place in a perplexing world, Hamlet is perfect for opening up new kinds of imaginative understanding in your talented students. Dig deep into the influential contexts of the play, including its Early Modern English and religious setting and Renaissance influence with this insightful pack.
Comprehensive notes, questions/ and exam-preparation material investigating the influential contexts and themes of Hamlet for a fuller, more sophisticated understanding. Pitched to the 2015 AS and A Level specifications, these packs inspire your strongest students to go the extra mile in their journey towards exam success.Pushing high achievers…
- Informative notes encourage students to think independently about the core aspects of the play, including characters, form, genre and themes
- Packed with questions to promote intelligent discussion – the perfect springboard for higher-level analysis
- Suggestions for wider reading empower students to foster an individual critical stance towards the play
To reach those top marks!
- Exam-style questions provide extensive practice for creative, unique responses
- Higher-level sample answers with examiner commentary help students recognise what makes a good answer
- Revision and exam tips help students focus answers to gain top marks
- A carefully constructed historical timeline
- A detailed critical bibliography with useful quotations for essays or discussion!
- Indicative content for all questions