A Christmas Carol Study Guide for GCSE English Literature
A Christmas Carol – the enduring tale of transformation, redemption and the power of goodwill that students can enjoy all year round and for years to come! This Study Guide, packed with clear and accessible notes, will help your class take to the streets of Victorian London, to realise how Dickens was able to capture the revival of this important public holiday in his ever-popular text.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Original illustrations
- Further reading
- ‘Context’ boxes
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Includes Suggested answers are provided for all questions and activities.