Starters and Plenaries for GCSE English Language
25 great ways to start and end a GCSE Language lesson!
Inject pace into your English Language lessons with these pick-up-and-teach starter and plenary activities. Written for the 2015 GCSE (9–1) English Language specifications – builds skills and confidence quickly to kick-start or consolidate learning across all areas of Ofqual’s ‘Scope of Study’.
Packed with ‘variety and challenge!’ A Baiden, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Short, stimulating activities motivate and enthuse all learning styles – support and extension material provided for every activity
- A perfect balance of individual, paired, small-group and whole-class activities to develop independent and cooperative learning methods
- Draws upon a variety of engaging fiction and non-fiction writing with creative activities including crosswords, puzzles, annotation tasks, gap-fills, unseen analysis... and more!
- Flexible, write-on activities, complete with detailed teacher's notes
- All answers provided – great for AfL and speedy peer-assessment