Getting to Know… Mar Adentro (2nd Edition)
- Edexcel AS & A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Mar Adentro.
Students will get to know Alejandro Amenábar’s 2004 award-winning film inside out and be fully prepared for the writing exam. The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Students learn key cinematographic vocabulary and get an overview of the plot and characters, giving them the tools to fully analyse the film.
- During: Students work through the film scene-by-scene, examining the events and themes through a variety of exercises including vocabulary, comprehension, grammar and translation – perfect for ensuring comprehensive understanding.
- After: Students take an in-depth look at the characters, themes and symbols in the film, as well as the techniques used by the director to achieve his goal. Revision activities, essay-writing tips and exercises, exam-style questions and model essays show students how to apply their knowledge directly to their written exam.
- Plus! Answers for all activities and indicative content for the exam-style questions.
- Plus! Special appendix on the topic of euthanasia – perfect for students who wish to explore the issue further as part of their oral exam.
What do teachers say about this resource? (8370)
The resource is an excellent update to the original Mar Adentro pack which I have been using for several years. It has been adapted accurately to the new specification." S Zammit, Spanish Teacher and Independent Reviewer