The Tempest: Study Guide for GCSE English Literature
On the surface, The Tempest is a story of revenge, but underneath it is a tale of atonement, forgiveness and reconciliation. Explore Shakespeare’s final masterpiece, its complex characters and ever-relevant themes, with detailed notes, essential quotations and varied activities, sure to expand and develop your students understanding.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All scenes are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Extended essay questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (8355)|
|'Extremely comprehensive... I really liked the variety of tasks and exam questions... [The resource offers very useful insights into the theoretical interpretations (post-colonial, psycho-analytical etc)... The language / stage craft analysis is very good as this is the bit that the pupils seem to happily gloss over... I think this would be an excellent revision guide - the level of detail for students is extraordinary!' K Chanter, Head of English and Independent Reviewer|