Essay Writing Support Pack for GCSE English Language
10 practical, accessible sessions designed to develop the skills needed for successful essay writing at GCSE English Language. Embed into a scheme of work in the run-up to exams, or dip in and out for innovative, pick-up-and-teach activities.
Targets an often undervalued and rarely well-taught set of skills.' L Deighton, Director of English and Independent Reviewer
Each session includes:
- Detailed teacher’s notes to minimise your planning time and ensure that learning is applied, checked and revisited.
- Stimulating worksheets:
- Assess prior knowledge – pupils consider what they already know and what they need to do to improve, encouraging responsible and independent learning.
- Build towards mastery of the skill – structured and progressive activities cover all aspects of essay writing, including structure, vocabulary, quotations and editing.
- Apply learning – plenary activities encourage self-, teacher- or peer-assessment.
An extensive resource which offers a vast number of ways to teach pupils writing skills. It provides materials to suit all ability levels and is easily adaptable for all exam boards. It is useful to have so much current classroom material gathered in one place! It would save teachers a vast amount of preparation time! S Freeburn, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Creative Prose Writing
- creative writing
- Explorations in Creative Reading and Writing (Paper 1)
- Exploring Effects and Impact
- Fiction and Imaginative Writing
- Imaginative Writing
- Impact and Purpose
- Narration and Exposition
- Section B
- Transactional Writing
- Writing for Audience
- Writing Imaginatively and Creatively