Student Guide to A Level AQA A Texts in Shared Contexts
- Modern Times: Literature from 1945 to the Present Day
Support students’ study of this exciting and diverse component. Student-friendly notes provide expansive coverage of the relevant social, political, personal and literary issues across the core and comparative texts.
- Introductory notes to context provides a clear and concise overview of the period. Also included! Easy-to-navigate timeline of key events and texts.
- Detailed analysis divided into helpful subsections provides essential context and analysis across the A Level AQA A specified texts.
- Varied activities consolidate learning while essay skills tasks build confidence. All fully cross-referenced to the AOs.
- Further reading suggestions introduce students to more texts from the period – great for unseen practice!
- Plus! Key themes and events for each subsection.
- Practice essay questions provide exam preparation while peer-/self-assessment mark schemes track student progress.
- Key term glossary supports students in learning advanced contextual and literary terminology – to hit AO1 and AO3.
- Indicative content for all activities.
For Modern Times: Literature from 1945 to the Present Day, subsections include:
- Wars and the Legacy of Wars
- Personal and Social Identity
- Religion and Morality
- Political Upheaval and Change: Resistance and Rebellion