T S Eliot Selected Poems: Comprehensive Guide for AS/A Level
- Eduqas A Level
One of the most celebrated and imposing poets of the twentieth century, T S Eliot crafted language that was uniquely personal, melancholic and boldly experimental. From the alienation of ‘Prufrock’ to the disillusionment of ‘The Wasteland’, Eliot’s poetry is a rejection of modernity and is reminiscent of years past. Delve deep into the entire collection with poem-by-poem analysis and absorbing tasks.
Plus! Practice essay questions encourage key comparison skills – essential for the Eduqas A Level exam.
Engage your students!
- discussion points
- active learning tasks
- key literary and linguistic terms
- practice essay questions
The pack tackles the key stages of text analysis:
- Walk-through Thorough section-by-section commentary walks students through each poem
- Drawing it all together In-depth discussion of whole text focuses on: genre, themes, attitudes and values, language, form, structure, context, literary approaches
- Indicative content Supports teaching by ensuring all key areas are covered
Plus! Glossary of key terms ensures full understanding
- A Level English Literature
- ‘A Song for Simeon’
- Component 1: Poetry
- ‘Portrait of a Lady’
- ‘Rhapsody on a Windy Night’
- Section B: Poetry post-1900
- T S Eliot
- ‘The Last Twist of the Knife’
- ‘The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock’
- ‘The Waste Land’‘The Hollow Men’‘Journey of the Magi’