The Picture of Dorian Gray: Comprehensive Guide for AS/A Level
The resource provides a supportive background to the novel with key themes and ideas identified in the discussion. There are engaging activities included and an interesting glossary of terms. I would recommend it a teacher who is teaching the novel for the first time. T Garland, Head of English and Ind. Reviewer (comments from previous edition)
- Edexcel AS and A Level
- OCR A Level
Oscar Wilde’s Gothic study of morality, religion and society tells the story of a charismatic young man whose ego leads him to a life of corruption and decadence in prudish Victorian England. Shed light on this scandalous work of art with in-depth chapter analyses, captivating exercises, and comparison tasks across the Edexcel and OCR set texts.
Engage your students!
- debate prompts
- active learning exercises
- key literary and linguistic terms
- ‘make the link’ tasks practise key comparison skills across Edexcel and OCR set texts
- Walk-through Thorough section-by-section commentary walks students through each chapter
- Drawing it all together In-depth discussion of whole text focuses on: characterisation, relationships, genre, themes, language, form, structure, context, literary approaches
- Indicative content Supports teaching by ensuring all key areas are covered
Plus! Glossary of key terms ensures full understanding