About a Boy Study Guide for CCEA GCSE English Literature
Explore this hilariously British coming-of-age novel about an unconventional friendship between a cynical, immature middle-aged man and an eccentric, troubled 12-year-old boy with this focused Study Guide. Break down the text’s likeable characters, meaningful themes and literary depth with supportive analysis and comprehensive tasks.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding with insightful and relevant analysis for each chapter.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: characterisation • themes • writer's techniques • language • narrative stance
- Exam help – Assessment objective guidance and exam tips ensure students feel well prepared in the run-up to the exam.
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Tasks and questions to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Useful quotations with analysis to encourage close reading skills
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts