Original Writing NEA Support Packs for AQA A Level English Language
Clear, useful, well-focused, knowledgeable and wide-ranging. L Wilford, Teacher and Independent Reviewer on Power of Storytelling
Help your students develop the skills required for choosing style models, writing creatively and reflecting on the writing process for the A Level AQA NEA Original Writing Component. Packed with varied extracts, questions, writing prompts, guidance, sample answers and commentaries, this unique resource is the perfect way to introduce your students to each of the AQA themes.Part 1: Stimulating Style Models
- Style models covering the three AQA-prescribed examples plus bonus extracts!
- Supported with focused questions to promote discussion, encourage insightful analysis, and practise annotation skills
- Plus! Detailed annotated versions for comparison or to support weaker students
Part 2: Helpful Writing Prompts
- Imaginative orginal writing suggestions for each style model
- Inspires creative thought – ideal for building confidence!
Part 3: Reflective Commentary Support
- Three annotated pieces of original writing complete with AO-marked commentaries
- Great for AfL – students compare their own work with samples and see exactly where to improve!
- Plus! A student-friendly mark scheme and a straightforward guide to referencing
|The Power of Persuasion||① Investigative journalism, ② Speech on a controversial topic, ③ Letter to a MP, PLUS! ④ manifesto, ⑤ charity appeal|
|The Power of Storytelling||① Short stories, ② Dramatic monologues, ③ Biographies, PLUS ④ Epistolary fiction, ⑤ Scripts, and ⑥ Narrative poetry|
|The Power of Information||① Travel journalism, ② Blog on social issues, ③ Local history, PLUS ④ Environmental pamphlet, ⑤ Popular science article|
An ideal supplement to our NEA Original Writing and Reflective Commentary Teaching Pack.
Superb. High quality and beautifully written. It made me wish I was doing the A Level myself! The style models are well-chosen, and the structure of having the model followed by material prompting discussion, an annotated version, and suggestions for creative tasks is perfect. I would definitely use it myself with my own students. L Wilford, Teacher and Independent Reviewer (7960)