Love Through the Ages Pre-1900 Anthology Activity Pack for AS and A Level AQA A English Literature
AQA A AS & A Level
Ready-to-use activities systematically cover all 14 poems in the Pre-1900 Poetry Anthology with versatile individual and group tasks on the ever-relevant topic of love.
Promote independent thought
Line by line, students complete reading activities on vital concepts such as dialect, voice, binary opposites and pronouns. Great for pinpointing question-relevant ideas or unseen poetry practice!
Activities suit all learning types
From gap fills and debates, to pun-picking and modernising Shakespearean language – the huge variety of creative, visual, discussion, and kinaesthetic activities is sure to keep your class contributing and focused.
Mix and match to suit your class!
Self-contained, skill-building activities are labelled with the relevant AO – ideal for handouts to support weaker learners and stretch the gifted and talented.
Plus! Answers to all activities included.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (7623)|
|‘Clearly well researched and the range of activities aimed at students are engaging and explorative in terms of the required assessment objectives for AQA. I liked the systematic approach – going through each poem in chronological order with a similar approach for each poem. Matches the specification well in terms of the way it leads students through the poetry collection. I was pleased to see that the AOs were linked to questions and activities so it is valuable in helping students to make the connection between their exploration of the poem/s and their exam. Provides students with a common route through the poems and to begin to consider the collection of poetry as a whole in relation to the over-arching theme of 'Love through the Ages'.’ – M Thresher, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer|
- ‘La Belle Dame Sans Merci’ by John Keats
- ‘The Scrutiny’ by Richard Lovelace
- ‘To His Coy Mistress’ by Andrew Marvell
- ‘The Flea’ by John Donne
- ‘She Walks In Beauty’ by Lord byron
- ‘Remember’ by Christina Rossetti
- Poetry Anthology
- ‘Sonnet 116’ by William Shakespeare
- AS and A Level English Literature
- AQA A
- ‘Non Sum Qualis Eram Bonae Sub Regno Cynarae’ by Ernest Dowson
- ‘At an Inn’ by Thomas Hardy
- ‘The Ruined Maid’ by Thomas Hardy
- ‘Absent From Thee’ by John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester
- Love Through the Ages
- ‘Whoso List to Hunt’ By Thomas Wyatt
- ‘The Garden Of Love’ by William Blake
- ‘Ae Fond Kiss’ by Robert Burns