Exam Preparation Packs for GCSE WJEC
Apply set-text teaching to the exam with these focused companions, specifically tailored to the exam board.
Three structured steps to build success:
- At-a-glance topical summaries cover key points in an easy-to-digest format
- Revision activities consolidate knowledge through quizzes, mind mapping, quotation analysis, close reading and more!
- Exam Preparation
- Essay-focused exercises build planning and writing skills and improve exam technique
- Exam Practice
- Plenty of original exam-style questions give practice in all areas – great for mock exams
- Worked-through example takes students through planning, drafting and completing an essay in manageable steps
- Sample essays with annotated versions and activities demonstrate how to improve grades
Includes annotated sample essays!
Plus! Student-friendly self- or peer-mark scheme and suggested answers for all activities. Tasks can be set in class or for homework to enhance your revision schedule.
What do teachers have to say about this resource? (9143)
'An impressively organised and developed variety of activities, ordered in a way that will help students build on their knowledge and understanding of the text. This will inevitably increase their confidence in their abilities in writing about the text to satisfy the exam board’s assessment objectives... The sample student essay activities are very comprehensive and will be valuable in demonstrating to students how to develop their own writing... [This resource] would hugely enhance my teaching and therefore the learning of my students.' L Curren, Teacher and Independent Reviewer
What do teachers have to say about this resource? (7588)
I loved this from the first page! In a school year that crushes the time we have to teach texts fully, the scene and character summaries are a fantastic support to pupils. The focus on exactly what WJEC is looking for is of enormous benefit. It means I don’t have to adapt or re-direct the resource. The resource is also suitable for a range of abilities – extension tasks help to stretch the stronger ones, while other tasks are clearly designed to support less able learners." - S Owen, Head of English and Independent Reviewer
'This is a very interesting resource with valuable, practical revision help for students... It skilfully covers all the demands of the new specification... I consider this an excellent teaching and revision tool... the detailed guidance given for the bank of extract and essay questions is invaluable.' - E Hewitt, Head of English and Independent Reviewer