Blood Brothers: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015): Endorsed
This Study Guide is endorsed for the 2015 GCSE Edexcel English Specification
Engross your whole class in literary study with Willy Russell’s captivating tale of class, fate and family. Scene-by-scene notes ensure familiarity with the action, while charming illustrations and useful tasks encourage students to engage with the text.
Students will certainly get a great deal of subject knowledge from the pack. Matches the requirements of the specifications well.V O'Farrell, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Indicative Content – Supports teaching by ensuring all key areas are covered.
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Extended essay questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts – endorsed edition includes even more key terms!
Includes suggested answers to relevant tasks.
The educational value of this resource is very high, due to the level of detail and context included.J Harding, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (7581)|
|“Provides very useful summaries of the play’s scenes. The resource is thorough, covering the text, themes, character, structure, form, use of language, and context. Discussion, research and written tasks are strong... varied and interesting. A very handy resource for teachers new to the text to ensure full coverage. The author clearly knows the text very well!” – S Owen, Second in English Department and Independent Reviewer|
|“Extremely valuable to both students and teachers alike. The educational value of this resource is very high, due to the level of detail and context which is included. I will definitely purchase it for my students.” – J Harding, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer|
|“It is certainly a resource of value... The summaries were appropriate for students, and the glossary provided extra support for those struggling with terminology. The active and creative writing tasks were all well thought out and struck me as being very useful for homework and extension. The tasks looking at stagecraft also gave an extra route into exploring the concepts within the play... Matches the requirements of the specifications well... Students will certainly get a great deal of subject knowledge from the pack.” – V O'Farrell, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer|