Anthology Resource Packs for GCSE Edexcel
Explore your chosen cluster of poems with these student-friendly packs. Visual overviews, analysis, mind maps and exam preparation lead students through each poem and theme in the GCSE Edexcel Poetry Anthology. Everything you need to tackle these poems in class, for homework or as revision.
Detailed Individual and Whole-anthology
- Develop understanding of each poem with insightful and thorough analysis. Each poem is concisely summarised in a visual overview sheet, then investigated in depth.
- Take a broader look by exploring key themes, ideas and issues shared across the anthology.
- Key quotation analysis included throughout.
Effective AO Support!
Differentiated questions to deepen understanding and
encourage informed, personal responses needed to hit
- Use short comprehension questions for homework or quick-fire classwork and ‘deeper thinking’ questions to stretch and challenge high-flyers!
- AO2 focused ‘Language Close-up’ and analysis – provides insight on key literary and linguistic features.
- Valuable contextual and biographical info for each poem to meet AO3 requirements.
- PLUS! ‘Link’ boxes and comparative mind maps help students discover connections and comparisons across poems.
- Differentiated questions to deepen understanding and encourage informed, personal responses needed to hit AO1.
Excellent Exam Prep!
- Original exam-style essay questions with indicative content – great practice for the real thing!
- Helpful exam tips and guidance so students can develop and refine exam technique.
Suggested answers for questions and
activities – makes peer- or self-marking simple.
- Includes two sample essay answers per pack with examiner commentary and AO mark-up – students find out what the examiner is looking for and how to improve their answers.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (7537)|
|"This is an outstanding revision resource... Exactly what I have been looking for... I can not praise it enough. It is highly detailed and focused very firmly on the requirements of the Edexcel specification. It tackles each of the poems in the cluster in great depth and makes explicit links with other poems." - L Morris, Teacher and Independent Reviewer|
|"This is an amazing resource, which will support and aid both teachers and students... The analysis covers language, structure and form and includes terminology that will help students achieve those top grades." - K Jagger, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer|
|"It provides a welcome introduction to the poetry, spans the whole collection... It is very easy to follow. I thought the contextual references were extremely useful and would save a teacher/pupil a lot of research time." - C Hughes, English Teacher and Independent Reviewer|
- English Literature
- assessment objectives
- ‘Poppies’ by Jane Weir
- ‘No Problem’ by Benjamin Zephaniah
- ‘What Were They Like’ by Denise Levertov?
- ‘Charge Of The Light Brigade’ by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- ‘The Class Game’ by Mary Casey
- ‘Belfast Confetti’ by Ciaran Carson
- Time and Place
- ‘Cousin Kate’ By Christina Rossetti
- ‘Extract from the Prelude’ by William Wordsworth
- ‘Half Caste’ by John Agard
- ‘The Man he Killed’ By Thomas Hardy
- ‘A Poison Tree’ by William Blake
- ‘The Destruction Of Sennacherib’ by Lord Bryon
- ‘War Photographer’ by Carole Satyamurti
- ‘Catrin’ by Gillian Clarke
- ‘Exposure’ by Wilfred Owen