Literary Criticism Companion for AS/A Level
Get to grips with the often challenging world of Literary Criticism with these versatile notes and activities specifically designed for A Level English Literature.
Strengthen understanding with detailed yet accessible notes on key theorists, concepts, critics and quotes.
The selection of theorists in focus is really indicative of what I would have recommended my students to engage with
- Break down key movements including Psychoanalysis, Marxism, Feminism and New Historicism.
- Plus enhance learning with varied activities including extension tasks for high achievers.
Equip students to integrate criticism into their exam answers and achieve top marks across AOs.
- Indispensable essay advice, annotated sample paragraphs and practice essay questions.
Supports [students'] independent studies
- Timeline of Literary Criticism
- Key term glossary and jumbo crossword – great for revision!
- Answers to all activities
What do teachers say about this resource? (7157)
It was an incredibly helpful resource and saved me a lot of time looking for descriptions and tasks to expand ideas of literary criticism.
Along with the physical resource, there are multiple links to other resources online. It saves me so much time and has helped me be more specific and directed when giving students clear explanations about the different criticisms.
It is clear and precise, with prompt questions and guidance. It saved me so much time. It has everything you need in one place and is helpful, clear and laid out in a logical way.
If you've ever struggled to make different elements of criticism accessible to students, this resource will be a life saver
A really useful and easy-to-use resource. The information was appropriate and communicated in a manner that is easy to understand and follow.
It is easy for students to use and support their independent studies.
A cracking little resource! The selection of theorists in focus is really indicative of what I would have recommended my students to engage with so I feel that these are appropriate and useful for the demands of the new A-Level specifications.
- A level English Literature
- Literary Criticism
- A Level AQA A English Literature (7712)
- A Level AQA B English Literature (7717)
- A Level CCEA English Literature (5114)
- A Level Edexcel English Literature (9ET0)
- A Level Eduqas English Literature (QA720)
- A Level OCR English Literature (H472)
- A Level WJEC English Literature (1720)
- Sigmund Freud
- Julia Kristeva
- Karl Marx
- Terry Eagleton
- Simone de Beauvoir
- Germaine Greer
- Elaine Showalter
- Michel Foucault
- Stephen Greenblatt