Silas Marner: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
A hard-working but miserly linen weaver is outcast from his community, robbed of his living and loses all faith in this seemingly simple tale.
Can a child inspire him to reconnect with his village and his religion? Go deeper into Eliot’s classic and sophisticated narrative with thorough analysis and thought-provoking tasks.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Indicative Content – Ensures all key content is covered. Great support for busy teachers!
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Includes suggested answers to relevant tasks.