Student Guides to Texts and Genres for A Level AQA B
Elements of Crime Writing / Elements of Political and Social Protest Writing
An informative, detailed and well-structured student guide that will be of tremendous benefit to teachers and students alike. M Lloyd, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer (Crime Writing)
These comprehensive resources, full of thematic notes, literary extracts and skills-based activities, are perfect preparation for Paper 2 – whichever genre you choose.
The definitive companions for teaching Texts and Genres!
- Need-to-know introduction to the genre, with timeline of key texts – engage your class from day one!
- Thematic notes on key topics group all the elements in the spec into manageable sections
- Including literary extracts from set texts and other key works of the genre analysed throughout
- Reflective activities consolidate learning and encourage active engagement
- Essay-skills activities build confidence for the exam, focusing on planning, re-drafting, introductions and conclusions, and focused writing
- Glossary of key contextual and literary terms helps build critical vocabulary for AO1 and AO3
- Answers or indicative content for all activities, and a peer-marking essay checklist, make marking simple
These companions will take you right through the course – use as an introduction to the topic, hand out sections as part of your scheme of work, and use for exam preparation.