Lord of the Flies: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
Dig deep into the plot, characterisation, language and themes of William Golding’s well-loved novel. Perfect for teenagers, the story will raise many engaging questions and introduce important literary techniques. This comprehensive resource ensures you cover every aspect in depth, with perceptive analysis and student-friendly tasks throughout.
An excellent resource... thorough and unlike a lot of study guides, really goes into detail. P Town, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Indicative Content – Ensures all key content is covered. Great support for busy teachers!
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions and ‘extend your vocabulary’ boxes to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.