Frankenstein: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
This comprehensive and detailed companion will bring Mary Shelley’s fantastical Gothic novel to life! New to the GCSE curriculum this year, this captivating story provides an excellent basis for exploring narrative voice, symbolism and imagery, and introducing key themes such as science and religion, man versus nature, and obsession.
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Sample essay
- Further reading suggestions
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice