The Wife of Bath Comprehensive Teaching Pack for A Level (exams from June 2017)
This comprehensive teaching pack ensures student engagement with a structured combination of detailed notes and ready-to-use worksheets.
Fantastic structure ensures full understanding of the text:
- Background Notes include Chaucer’s verse and critical reception
- Section-by-Section Analysis breaks text down into manageable
- Tracking Questions check understanding
- Indicative Content enables self-marking
- Detailed Whole-Text Discussion of themes and imagery; contexts; and literary approaches
- Exam Preparation ensures students are fully prepared for the
Edexcel Component 3 assessment
- Includes practice questions; student-friendly mark scheme; sample answers and writing tips
Encompassing power play, gender relations and social status, The Wife of Bath’s Prologue and Tale contains 21st century-relevant themes set to a background of Arthurian legend and knightly quests. One of Chaucer’s most animated narrators, the Wife of Bath is a fascinating character for A Level students.
An excellent overview of the text and contextual factors and some very useful teaching resources. H Dyson, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer