Macbeth: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
There is plenty for your students to enjoy in Shakespeare’s Scottish play – delve into themes such as ambition, aggression and the supernatural.
This comprehensive resource ensures students have a detailed knowledge of every scene to prepare them for any exam question that comes their way.
A self-contained study pack that will help students and teachers... I particularly liked the quotation and analysis sections. These are invaluable exemplars to help students to understand Shakespeare's language and the complex ideas behind what is being said. R Getty, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer (feedback for previous edition)
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Extended essay questions for excellent exam practice
Includes Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.